BA in Marketing
This degree has two main aims:
To provide a robust foundation in the principles of marketing, relevant to the professional standards of the Chartered Institute of Marketing
To prepare students for a variety of roles within marketing: product manager, brand manager, advertising executive
Core modules will establish your understanding of marketing theory and practice and also develop other key abilities required by business organizations: IT skills, communication skills, analytical skills. Course modules will allow you to focus on specific areas of marketing relevant to a particular career choice.
When you graduate you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of marketing theory
- Analyse strategic market behavior
- Understand the principles and responsibilities of other management functions, including human resources and accounting and finance
- Show a real awareness and understanding of contemporary global business issues
On a more practical level you will be able to:
- Apply relevant techniques to identify and exploit market opportunities
- Devise appropriate marketing objectives around customer acquisition and retention
- Plan and execute research projects
- Effectively communicate results at whatever level appropriate to the audience
This course delivers a good balance between academic and vocational content. It is about delivering a good grounding in marketing and management theory whilst also preparing you for a successful career.
It also cultivates the intellectual capacity to allow you to continue to develop and keep pace with a changing business environment.