BSc in Accounting and Finance
The main aims of this degree are to provide students with a high level of technical ability and knowledge specific to finance and accounting. To equip students with a range of skills necessary to succeed in today's business environment.
Core to this degree is the development of your understanding of the technical language and practices of accounting and finance. Additionally, other key areas of focus are information technology and its application in business, communication skills, and analytical skills. Course options will allow you to focus on specific areas; giving you the opportunity to explore areas of particular interest, or to prepare for defined professional requirements.
When you graduate you will be able to:
- explore and evaluate contemporary accounting theory
- analyze empirical evidence concerning financial management, risk, and the operation of global capital markets
- demonstrate a sound understanding of the broader business environment.
On a more practical level, you will be able to:
- demonstrate significant skills in preparing financial statements, performing analysis and delivering financial projections
- use appropriate IT business applications to support your financial analysis techniques and enhance reporting
- plan and execute research projects
- effectively communicate results at whatever level is appropriate to the audience
Program taught in: