The mission of the Business Studies Area as it relates to the undergraduate degree programmes is to be the leading provider of undergraduate management education in Egypt.
Distinctive features of the programme
The BUE delivers its programmes based on a British philosophy of education as the programme is validated by leading British universities granting graduates the award of a UK degree accredited by a UK university. This results in programmes that are very much focused on the student rather than those which deliver the material. Graduates from UK programmes typically exhibit:
- the ability to think creatively and solve problems;
- high-level key and transferable skill sets;
- the ability to maintain independently a high level of professional and subject-specific competence;
- technical competence;
- the ability to conceptualise problems at a high level (i.e. to see the big picture);
- diligent and ethical working practices; and
- the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Furthermore, this programme is delivered in both a local and UK context giving students the opportunity to gain an appreciation of national and international perspectives on many aspects of professional life. This includes management techniques, business culture, legal frameworks and standards.
- To produce high-quality graduates with the knowledge, skills and understanding for an effective and valued career in a wide range of management situations related to business administration.
- To develop knowledge, concepts and skills in the major academic disciplines of business and management and the ability to integrate and apply them in business contexts to provide a sound basis for practice, study and training in the graduate's chosen profession or management specialism.
- To enable students to have a deep understanding of the main management functions and areas, including marketing, information technology, human resources, international business, entrepreneurship and sustainability and finance at operational and strategic levels.
- To develop students’ analytical, management and key skills that will enable them to gain employment or self-employment in a wide variety of professions and/or provide them with a sound foundation for further study and training in their chosen area of professional or management specialism.
- To provide a supply of well-qualified graduates who are able to meet the challenges of the future with the appropriate management, professional and personal skills.
- To attract well-qualified students from a variety of educational backgrounds with a focus on IGCSE school graduates.
- To encourage our student's hard work, enthusiasm and self-motivation, a positive attitude to change, a desire for excellence, a visionary and positive approach to future developments and openness to new ideas.
- To develop critical thinking approaches necessary for management problem-solving at all levels in an organisation.
About the School
BUE is Egypt’s major university delivering British Higher Education with students graduating with both Egyptian and UK degrees. It is the largest face-to-face provision of British Transnational Higher ... Read More