After successful completion of the National Diploma, candidates may, subject to the applicable programme regulations, register for the Bachelor’s Degree in Technology (Baccalaureus Technologiae –BTech). The BTech requires a minimum of one year’s further study.
A BTech Degree in the relevant field of study will be conferred on candidates after successful completion of all theoretical requirements.
The aim of the qualification is to develop the student’s applied and cognitive competencies in the acquisition, interpretation, understanding and applications of quality management principles.
The student should be able to analyse and explain quality assurance decisions in the context of a QA unit, a company, as well as the regulatory environment, and to assess and interpret the external impact of decisions. The student should also be able to reflect on her/his QA decisions and applications to assess the effect thereof in the holistic context of quality assurance and improvement. Students must have experience in the QA function, in order to contextualize their learning to their business environment, and to appreciate improvements andinterventions they can affect in their working environments.
Exit level outcomes:
The qualifying student will be able to:
- Demonstrate detailed understanding and acquired the necessary knowledge to apply different quality management systems used in today’s world.
- Understand and apply strategic quality control, which is required to maintain a quality management system and continual improvement of quality in the organization.
- Analyse, prepare and apply the statistical quality techniques associated with industries and the implementation of quality systems.
- Identify and solve quality related issues through case studies and practical’s.
- Apply quality auditing techniques to enable the learner to become a certified auditor
Admission Requirements and Selection Criteria
- An applicant must hold a National Diploma in Operations Management, or a National Diploma: Industrial Engineering or a National Diploma: Management Services or an equivalent qualification at NQF Level 6 as determined by a Status Committee.
- Also refer to Faculty Regulation EB3.
Conferment of the degree
The Baccalaureus Technologiae: Quality will be conferred on students who have completed all the prescribed modules successfully.
Registration and Start Dates
Registration starts in January and lectures in February for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate course work programmes.
All research programmes for Masters and PhD can register throughout the year.
End Date: Academic starts in January and ends in December. Programme deadline is determined by the duration of the programme.