Innovators, leaders, entrepreneurs, business professionals, and game changers – this is exactly what Trent prepares our students to be. Through an integrated approach spanning corporate, self-employment, online, small business and other models, you will learn fundamentals of leadership, management, gaining a deep understanding of the organization of business and its role in a changing world. Your studies will include a broad foundation of business knowledge through the delivery of core courses across business areas beginning in the first year. Choose to focus in one of several specializations, or connect your interest in business with other study areas through Trent’s commitment to interdisciplinary learning.
The Trent advantage
- Prepare for your CPA designation or springboard to an M.B.A.
- Specialize in Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Marketing and Consumer Culture, Human Resource Management, Niigaaniiwin: The Art of Leading, Economics, Ethics and Sustainability, or Information Systems and E-Commerce
- Acquire real-world professional experience through a variety of opportunities, including upper year for-credit internships, community-based research projects, the Trent Business Students’ Association, and participating in national student business competitions
- Benefit from a human-scale approach to teaching, and the knowledge and expertise of a dedicated alumni community of business leaders and mentors
- Management Skills
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Leadership Training and Development: A Cross-Cultural Approach
- Strategic Management
- Corporate, Small-Business and Non-Profit Leader
- Human Resources
- Financial Analyst
- Equity Analyst
- Investment Banking
- Asset Management
- Business Consulting
- Business Management
About the School
One of Canada's top universities, Trent University was founded on the ideal of interactive learning that's personal, purposeful and transformative.