The IIE Bachelor of Computer and Information Sciences in Application Development provides candidates with a thorough theoretical grounding and knowledge base in the key principles of information technology (IT), programming, mobile application development across platforms, web development, database design, troubleshooting, testing, connectivity, customization and project management. Graduates will develop meaningful software development acumen grounded in a deep understanding of holistic application programming and development. This qualification has been designed to develop graduates’ abilities to design, code, implement, and manage solution-focused by producing systemic thinkers who can develop software solutions for any device or platform.
The outcomes for this qualification were identified as critical to drive a successful career in software development providing competent desktop and mobile application developers in the private and the public sectors. By understanding business processes in the context of business rules, graduates will be able to solve business problems and meet business needs through software application development. Graduates will be suitably prepared to demonstrate competencies in application development and to contribute to the economic well-being of their organization in a responsible manner.
- NSC: Bachelor pass with English 30%; Maths / HG 40 % or Math Lit / SG 60 %
- NC(V): Bachelor pass with English 50%; Maths / HG 50 % or Math Lit / SG 60 %
- SC: Endorsement with English 33.3%; Maths / HG 40 % or Math Lit / SG 50 %
- SC(a): Bachelor pass with Maths / HG 40 % or Math Lit / SG 50 %; A minimum of 30% in LOLT in NSC/ SC(a) OR with a minimum of 33.3% in SC
- International: An USAf Exemption Certificate and meeting the relevant Maths and English requirements. A cognate Higher Certificate or 240 credit Diploma OR an Advanced Certificate or 360 credit Diploma may satisfy the minimum admission requirements to degree studies. If discipline not cognate at least 20% of credits must be academic literacy or numeracy related.
The IIE Bachelor of Computer and Information Sciences in Application Development (BCAD) is accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE) and is registered by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) as a 365- credit qualification on level 7 (SAQA ID: 97600).
This degree will open up an attractive range of career options; this degree is a perfect stepping stone to a diverse and exciting range of career opportunities.
- Application Developer for non-mobile and mobile platforms
- Cloud Computing Developer
- Cloud Computing Consultant
- Cloud Integrator
- Dynamic Web Developer
- Database Developer
- Data Analyst
- Software Developer
- Software Development Project Manager
- Software Development Program Manager
- Software Engineer
Teaching and Learning Strategy
At The IIE’s Varsity College we are proud of and passionate about our shift away from the ‘traditional lecturing’ methodology to our blended-learning strategy – the VCBlend.
This blended-learning strategy extends learning beyond the confines of the classroom and creates opportunities for our students to work collaboratively, with peers and their educators, to construct their understanding of concepts. Student engagement is supported by the use of a learning management system (LMS) and the online learning materials that have been developed to underpin our teaching strategy.
Due to the VCBlend approach, you will be expected to spend time conducting your own research, study for assessments, and work on assignments. To gain the most from the blended learning experience, VC’s Wireless classrooms and campuses, students are required to BYOT (Bring Your Own Technology) such as mobile devices, netbooks, laptops or tablets, so as to develop the necessary academic and digital literacies over the duration of this qualification.
About the School
The Independent Institute of Education is South Africa’s largest registered and accredited private provider of higher education. The IIE Varsity College, a brand of The IIE, leads in the provision of ... Read More