BSc (Hons) Computing Arden Study Centre, Berlin
The BSc (Hons) Computing course at our Berlin campus in Germany focuses on the key areas that matter to organisations today. You’ll cover topics including data mining and analysis, cloud solutions setup, and use of CRMs such as Salesforce and Microsoft. We also provide you with one-to-one support and contextualised learning, so that you fully understand the latest developments and concepts being put into practice.
Our degree course in computing has been designed to give you the skills you need to start your career on the right footing. Your course modules have been freshly updated by our computing faculty members – ensuring that you gain the specialised knowledge employers need right now.
Over the course of 3 years, you’ll study a total of 360 credit hours over seventeen modules. In years 2 and 3, you’ll study the required ‘core’ modules and choose 2 ‘elective’ modules from a choice of 4 options. This allows you to select specialised modules which cover topics that you want to learn about the most.
- Introduction to Academic Skills and Professional Development (Core)
- Introduction to Computer Systems and Security (Core)
- Introduction to Databases (Core)
- Introduction to Programming (Core)
- Introduction to Web Authoring (Core)
- Productivity and Collaboration Tools for Learning and Work (Core)
- Human-Computer Interaction (Core)
- Data Analytics and Visualisation (Core)
- IT Project Management (Core)
- Systems Analysis and Design (Core)
Then choose 2 from:
- Advanced Databases (Elective)
- Digital Business (Elective)
- Object-Oriented Programming (Elective)
- Ethics, Quality and Sustainability in Technological Environments (Elective)
- Data Mining (Core)
- Managing Innovation and Change (Core)
- Computing Project (Core)
Choose 2 from:
- Information Security Management (Elective)
- Technology Entrepreneurship (Elective)
- Distributed and Cloud Computing (Elective)
- Web Application Development (Elective)
- Arden University is regulated by the Quality Assurance Agency for England (QAA) and the UK government;
- 96% of Arden University graduates are in employment 6 months after graduation;
- Taught 100% in English;
- Intensive, engaging and face-to-face teaching by industry experts;
- Industry-relevant, 21st-century application;
- International student cohort with over 40 nationalities represented;
- Payment options and early-bird discounts available;
- Perfect central location in Berlin, close to key corporate players.
- Germany has one of the best employment rates in Europe, at 91%*;
- 4th Best Graduate starting salary at £40,650 in Europe, with a growing economy**;
- Germany is the most popular European country for international students, recognised for its high-quality education***;
- Berlin has been named the start-up capital of Europe;
- Berlin is the largest city in the EU with a thriving business scene, offering a range of job opportunities to young professionals and graduates;
- Germany has a rich history in culture and arts, offering students a chance to explore this whilst experiencing world-class education from a UK-recognised institution.
*Times Higher Education
**I Am Expat
***According to statistics and data from the ICEF monitor
To be able to study this course, we need to see that you have:
- At least 3 x GCSEs or equivalent that are less than 3 years old, OR
- At least 3 x GCSEs or equivalent, over 3 years old, with an accompanying CV OR
- Applicants may be considered based on a minimum of 12 months of professional work experience evidenced with a CV and Reference.
- IELTS 6.0 (no less than 5.5 in any element); or TOEFL iBT 80; or equivalent.
- We also offer an internal English test for applicants.