Bachelor in Electronics and Communication Technologies Brno University of Technology
Electronics and communications - the future of our world
We have a real exclusive offer for you: a bachelor study where you learn how to design electronic circuits, and use them for modern applications and communication devices - all in state-of-the-art equipped labs. You will learn how to design embedded systems, and communication platforms and how to create communication protocols. There are maths, physics, and materials for electronics at the beginning. However, you can focus on electronic and integrated circuits, microcontrollers, and system programming or mobile systems.
When you finish, you will be a specialist in the design and use of electronic circuits and technology for electronics, communication, and embedded systems. Many companies would like to attract you to their teams. But you can continue to the master's degree, for example, in the field of Telecommunications, Electronics and communication systems, and many others.
The Bachelor's degree program Electrical Engineering provides higher education in all branches of low-current and heavy-current electrical engineering and electronics, including various fields of applied electronics, microelectronics, communication technologies and instruments, power engineering, electrical and electronic technology, and control and measurement. The program is centered on educating electrical engineers and electronics exports have knowledge and skills within the design, engineering, operation, and application of electrical and electronic circuits, equipment, and systems.
At graduation, a student will have become acquainted with theoretical principles and special problems of mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, measurement, and applied information technology; particulars of the practical design, operation, and application of advanced electronic circuits and systems within low-current electronics and electronic communication technologies; elements of telecommunications as well as electric machinery, devices, drives, actuators, and power electronics; properties and options associated with materials for electrical engineering and microelectronics; and approaches to the diagnostics of relevant materials and equipment.
The graduates will be able to
- characterize technical systems and processes in electrical engineering;
- evaluate the results of calculations and measurements, based on critical thinking and the knowledge acquired during their studies;
- estimate and propose appropriate procedures to solve technical problems.
The graduate skills include
- applying basic and professional knowledge to solve specific problems or requirements within
- electrical engineering;
- selecting appropriate criteria to design and develop technical systems in electrical engineering;
- selecting appropriate criteria to set up and control technical processes in electrical engineering;
- solving a technical problem via the acquired knowledge of methods and by using suitable engineering instruments;
- evaluating the economic, social, and environmental impacts of technical solutions;
- commitment to further learning, education, and professional development.
The general knowledge of electrical engineering will enable graduates from the Bachelor’s program BPA-ELE to find jobs in various subdomains of the electrical industry, especially as
- communication operators and specialists on the operation, servicing, and maintenance of electronic devices or systems;
- engineers and technicians responsible for designing, developing, and administering information and communication systems;
- technicians to operate measuring, control, and automation systems;
- operating professionals (such as energy experts) in trading and other companies, not limited to electrical engineering;
- specialists in the design, development, and production of electrical and electronic apparatuses or instruments, including devices with embedded intelligence.
In all these fields, the graduates will be fully capable of entering the lower management levels and corresponding technical ranks: The markedly practical character of the study program will enable them to directly transfer to technical manufacturing, operation, and servicing or maintenance sectors, providing a very good basis for further knowledge development within the related post-bachelor Master’s study.
1st year of study
- Electrical Engineering 1
- Electrical Engineering 2
- Printed Circuits and Surface Mount Technology
- Materials for Electrotechnics
2nd year of study
- Power Electronics
- Digital Electronics
- Analog Electronics
- Design of Electronic Circuits
- Diagnostics and Testing of Electronic Systems
- Transmission Media
- Measurement in Electrical Engineering
- Analysis of Signals
- Communication Technology
3rd year of study
- Network Operating Systems
- Communication Systems
- Mobile Communication
- Analog Integrated Circuits Design
- Digital Integrated Circuits Design
Any year of study
- Analog technology
- Antennas and Lines
- Digital Electronics 2
- Czech language
- Czech language
- Technological projecting and logistic
- Electronic Filters
- Microwave Techniques
- Network architecture
- Selected Topics in Renewable Energy Sources and Energy Storage
- Practical Chemistry for Electrical Engineers
- Selected Parts from Mathematics I
- Selected Parts from Mathematics II
- The C++ Programming Language
- Seminar of Electrical Engineering
- Seminar of Physics
- Mathematical Seminar