Bachelor in Global Governance, Economics & Legal Order
ESADE Business School
EUR 17,600 / per year *
Earliest start date
* additional fees may apply. Scholarships are available
- Official degree: from Ramon Llull University
- Duration: 4 years
- Start Date: September 2022
- Intake: 50
- Class language: English
- Language learning: Spanish + French, German, Arabic or Mandarin
- Professional Internship: in international organisations, or companies related to your political or economic specialisation.
- Exchange: One semester must be studied in a university within your geographic area of expertise.
- Where: ESADE Barcelona-Sant Cugat campus
- Fees for the year 2022-2023: €17,600
Would you like to work as a consultant in international politics or economics? Would you like to be part of organisations such as UNESCO, WHO, or the European Union? With a Bachelor in Global Governance, Economics & Legal Order you will be able to help solve the political, economic, and legal issues facing governments and organisations worldwide. Not only will you have a solid background in global governance, but you will also have the added value of specialisation in politics or global economics, and expert knowledge of a geographic area of the world.
Why study for a Bachelor in Global Governance, Economics & Legal Order?
International governance + geopolitics + international law + economics
You will be trained in a wide range of fundamental issues for global governance – including international legal systems; human rights; cybersecurity; macroeconomics, geopolitics, international institutions, and the environment.
Specialisation in a geographic area of the world
You can choose between Asia, Maghreb and the Middle East, Latin America, or four English-speaking nations (UK, USA, Canada and Australia). Specialising in these areas will enable you to offer expert advice to companies and organisations around the world working in your specialisation.
The degree is taught entirely in English and offers significant language training: to strengthen your geographical speciality, you will study Spanish and French, German, Mandarin or Arabic.
Study in Barcelona and abroad
The course is studied in one of the world’s most interesting and engaging cities – Barcelona. However, your geographical specialisation is studied in a university in the area you have chosen. In addition, you can study certain subjects at universities in other countries during short stays that will enable you to widen your international experience.
Learning based on experience: learning by doing
Solve practical cases and simulate court cases in the faculty courtroom. You can also participate in international moot courts and in simulations of United Nations sessions.
In the third and fourth years, you can gain work experience in international organisations such as the European Court of Auditors, the World Bank, and UNESCO. In the third year, you can carry out solidarity internships in countries such as Bolivia, Cambodia, Tanzania or Costa Rica.
Choose a track: Global Economics or Global Politics
In the second year, you must choose the track that will decide the orientation of your degree: you can choose either political science or economics.
Become an expert in international economics
In this track, you will learn to understand and analyse how the world economy works. Subjects include macroeconomics, mathematics, and statistics (some of the key content studied in an economics degree).
Understand world politics
In this specialisation, you will study political science and globalisation, international politics, and conflict management, as well as geopolitics and natural resources.
An international and multidisciplinary training is your differential value
Political, social, and economic events can no longer be understood from a single perspective, a multidisciplinary perspective is necessary. Nations, and their institutions and companies, interact and relate constantly. Professional experts with a deep knowledge of international transactions are increasingly needed to monitor regulations in different countries, and the geopolitical and economic issues that shape reality.
With the Bachelor in Global Governance, Economics & Legal Order you will be one of these experts: you will be trained to analyse from a multidisciplinary point of view all types of international relations and provide solutions to the conflicts that public and private organisations face in a global environment. Understanding how the world works will enable you to influence the world, and this will ensure that your contribution is essential for companies and organisations.
Learn by exercising your profession
At Esade you will learn in a practical way how to discuss and find solutions to international issues. The learning process is a progressive immersion in the world of international governance. During this process, you will receive rigorous theoretical training and simultaneously undergo a practical and experiential course that will immerse you in the reality of the analysis and resolution of cases, geopolitical and economic strategies, debate and negotiation, legal reasoning, management of international conflicts, participation in United Nations sessions, etc.
This immersion will gradually increase, following the learning by doing philosophy. As the semesters advance, you will be introduced to numerous judicial experiences inside and outside the classroom.
Practical training Learning by doing
- Participative classes
- Resolution of practical real cases
- Participation in debate leagues and international moot courts (mock trials)
- Participation in simulations of United Nations sessions
- Outdoor experiences
- Personal study and teamwork
- Final bachelor project
- Professional Internships
Student First – Flipped Classroom
The new Esade Student First methodology connects with the latest educational trends and is based on a basic concept: students play an active role. With the Student First methodology, you and your colleagues take part in the creation of knowledge and contribute with your work to the collective learning process.
One of the major differences with traditional methods is that students must arrive in class with prior preparation on the subject that will be discussed in the classroom. This is what is known as the Flipped Classroom, in which learning is divided into three phases:
- Pre-class preparation
read, research or view multimedia content on the basics of the topic to be discussed.
- In-class work
share the knowledge you’ve acquired with your classmates and the instructor by debating, reflecting, and solving cases, challenges and projects.
- After class
deepen your understanding, reflect further and apply the acquired concepts in other areas.
Advantages of the Student First system
- Interiorise knowledge in a more natural way.
- When you arrive in class, you will have already identified doubts that you will later share and resolve.
- Classes are more enriching: you focus on applying the knowledge and you receive inputs from your lecturer and classmates.
- You are prepared for the future: you learn to apply the theory in different circumstances and work collaboratively.
- You are more open to learning new things.
Fundamental content for expertise in international affairs
The world of global governance requires a profound understanding of different, yet interrelated, areas. The political, social, and economic events that are happening globally must be addressed from multiple perspectives. The Bachelor in Global Governance, Economics & Legal Order includes the disciplines necessary to enable you to approach all types of international issues as an expert. From the first year, you will combine subjects of law and legal systems, economics, governance, and geopolitics (such as accounting, geopolitics, the United Nations model, or the international protection of human rights). From the second year, you will receive specific training in either global economics or global politics, depending on the specialisation track you choose.
Global Economics or Global Politics
Economics or political science? Choose your specialisation
With the Bachelor in Global Governance, Economics & Legal Order you can choose between specialising in international politics, or international economics. In the first year, you will be introduced to subjects from both areas, and so by the second year, you will have enough experience to choose the track that best suits your interests and career plans.
Both tracks share common subjects, such as the simulation of a United Nations model, international security, the influence of financial markets on society, economics, and international public law.
Taking one of these tracks means acquiring an extra specialisation that will enable you to expand your professional opportunities: you can develop your career in the world of politics or the international economy, both in international organisations and related consultancies, organisations, and companies.
Become an expert in international economics
In this track, you specialise in the key subjects for understanding how the world economy works.
You will obtain the knowledge and tools needed to make an economic analysis, such as statistical analysis or mathematics applied to economics. When finished, you will be ready to make a variety of economic analyses: including evaluating a proposed economic regulation; analysing a given market; or making a macroeconomic analysis of a nation.
Your knowledge will acquire greater depth each year: you will learn how to make an in-depth analysis of a specific market; describe the effects of market regulations; and test hypotheses using real data.
- Subject: quantitative methods in economics
- Subject: Models and economic analysis
Understanding world politics
This specialisation covers political science and globalisation, international politics, and conflict management, as well as geopolitics and natural resources.
You will learn from a practical point of view how international conflicts are prevented, and how international development projects are managed.
In the advanced stage of the track, you will learn the different options for interaction between public and private organisations, and analyse interactions between the political and economic forces.
- Subject: Political science and globalisation
- Subject: International politics and conflict management
- Subject: Geopolitics and natural resources
- #1 Best International Experience Worldwide, The Economist 2019
- #1 University in Innovative Education, El Economista 2020
Become an international expert with added value
With a Bachelor in Global Governance, Economics & Legal Order you can launch yourself into the professional job market with multidisciplinary training in global governance and a strong added value: you will have received rigorous training in international relations, politics, law, and global economics; you will speak several languages, and you will have the added advantage of your specialisation in a geographical area of the world.
Skills that show your difference
ESADE has pioneered its own teaching system that enhances the professional skills of its students. This system has been designed by ESADE human resource experts together with representatives of the main law firms and Richard Boyatzis (a professor at Case Western University (USA) and one of the leading exponents on leadership and skills development).
- Resolutive: experience in decision making
- Ease of communication and public speaking: you can effectively argue and present cases in public
- Capacity for work and responsibility
- Mediation, conflict management, and negotiating ability
- Leadership skills and abilities for teamwork
- Proactivity: you will know how to develop yourself, take the initiative, and start projects.
Program Tuition Fee
A degree that opens doors to the most important organisations in the world
An ESADE degree in Global Governance, Economics & Legal Order offers multidisciplinary training that will enable you to expand your international options: as well as the professional opportunities in the world of global governance, you can take advantage of the opportunities produced by your track in global politics or global economics.
- You will be able to offer answers to the legal, political, and economic problems encountered by organisations at an international level, with the added bonus of your specialisation in a geographical area of the world.
- You can work as an expert in international politics, or international economics, in research think-tanks, consultancies, or companies, as well as public organisations.
- You can embark on a diplomatic career, or join consular missions.
- You will be able to join international organisations as an advisor: work in the UN, NATO, the World Bank, the European Union, or UNESCO, among others.
- You can work as an analyst in foreign trade consortiums, or in non-governmental organisations.
Professional opportunities in Global Governance
- Advisor in international organisations: EU, NATO, UN, WHO, and the World Bank
- Analyst for foreign trade consortiums
- Political career
- NGO advisor
- Diplomatic or consular career
Professional opportunities for the Global Economics Track
- Economic analyst
- Consultant in international projects
- Investment banking advisor
- Research centres and economic analysis
- Multinational companies
- Economic regulation
Professional opportunities for the Global Politics Track
- International political consultant
- Political science research centres
- Advisor in organisations for political analysis, or European Union organisations
- Multinational organisations