Bachelor of Arts in Marketing Graceland University
Discover your inner marketing genius
Whether you want to release the next cutting-edge home electronic device, change the lives of children through a nonprofit or build excitement for a summer blockbuster movie, marketing plays a critical role in the success of any organization. A strong understanding of marketing principles will be beneficial for anyone interested in starting their own business or working in a leadership role in a company. The ethical use of marketing is not to confuse or spin but to match the right message with the right people at the right time.
Graceland’s Marketing program focuses on the big picture in developing strong cohesive strategies while at the same time giving students the necessary tactical skills and knowledge to create, lead and measure individual projects using a variety of marketing channels. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work with real businesses to hone the skill you learn in the classroom as well as add key experience to your resume.
- Coursework is taught by professors who have international experience in business and marketing.
- Interested in further exploring your leadership potential? The Marketing major has been designed to integrate closely with the Business Management major making a double or even triple major well within reach.
- The comprehensive application-based academics features robust coursework that incorporates practical/real-world experiential learning projects that allow you to follow your passion and collaborate with alumni and like-minded professionals.
- Graceland’s award-winning ENACTUS gives you the opportunity to be a part of entrepreneurial programs that make a difference in people’s lives and give you the chance to make professional connections that often lead to internships and jobs after graduation.
In addition to the general education requirements, majors in Marketing must complete a concentration of 36 semester hours in Accounting, Business, and Economics including:
- ACCT2310 Financial Accounting – 3
- BUAD1100 Introduction to Business – 3
- BUAD2330 Principles of Marketing – 3
- BUAD3210 Social Media Marketing – 3
- BUAD3240 Marketing Analytics – 3
- BUAD3310 Principles of Sales – 3
- BUAD3480 International Marketing & Advertising – 3
- BUAD4200 Seminar in Business Policy or ACCT4200 Seminar in Accounting – 3 (Senior Seminar – Capstone)
- BUAD4320 Strategic Brand Management – 3
- BUAD4430 Marketing Strategies – 3
- ECON1300 Principles of Macroeconomics – 3
- ECON2100 Introductory Economic Data Analysis – 3
Courses Required for General Education:
- ECON1320 Principles of Microeconomics – 3
- MATH1280 College Algebra – 3
- MATH1370 Statistics for Sciences – 3
A Marketing major from Graceland University can help to prepare you for these careers:
- Marketing manager
- Marketing research analyst
- Public relations specialist
- Sales manager
- Social media specialist
- Advertising sales agent
- and many other exciting fields.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.