At OC, you'll learn alongside masterful teachers and world-class experts. They are Oxford-trained theologians, NASA scientists, and best-selling authors.
OC is defined by the collective impact of our many incredible individuals.
We are a passionate group of Christ-followers made up of educators, learners, seekers, and creators. We are driven by missions - not just majors, and believe everyone has an important significance to this world. You are wanted here - and great things are expected of you.
Oklahoma Christian University is a higher learning community that transforms lives for Christian faith, scholarship, and service.
OC’s 200 plus-acre campus is located in northeast Oklahoma City, the state capital of Oklahoma. The university borders the city of Edmond. Students enjoy the academic, cultural, and recreational benefits of a big city in a safe and comfortable suburban atmosphere.
Oklahoma City is both cultured and quaint, providing you with so much to see and lots to do! In fact, you can see the OKC skyline from our campus. How cool is that? Our urban setting offers pro sporting events, numerous outdoor activities, and a solid local scene for brunch and shopping.
You can earn your MBA in Rwanda in just one year! In partnership with the Rwandan Ministry of Education, OC’s Master of Business Administration is available in Kigali, Rwanda. In addition, OC has a strong relationship with Rwanda, allowing us to partner with them on and off-campus.
Feed your need for exploration and experience in a classroom an ocean away or across borders. Remove all boundaries from your faith journey by navigating language, culture, and place with your classmates. Prepare to be changed. Studies show that Study Abroad experiences improve GPAs, language learning, career skills, intercultural understanding, and global context.
The Northwest Endowment Fund extends the legacy of Christian higher education in the Pacific Northwest represented by both Columbia Christian College and Cascade College. OC and Columbia Christian converged in 1993, resulting in the opening of Cascade as a branch campus of OC. Cascade College strengthened the church and served Christian families in the Northwest for 15 years.
- Named to the “Colleges of Distinction” best colleges list-an organization recognizing excellent institutions with four overarching distinctions-student engagement, teaching, community and outcomes.
- Named a “Best University-Master’s” in the western region in U.S. News and World Report’s “America’s Best Colleges.”
- Designated by The Princeton Review as a Best Western College.
- Gaming and animation program selected as one of the top 50 undergraduate programs by The Princeton Review and PC Gamer and named a top 10 program by Los Angeles based 80 Level-a leading industry websites for game developers.
The undergraduate computer engineering, electrical engineering, and mechanical engineering degree programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org. (One of just five members of 111-school Council for Christian Colleges and Universities with ABET accreditation for three programs).
- Best Value Nursing, Business, Engineering, and Education programs according to Colleges of Distinction.
- Marketing degree ranked #18 in the nation according to Study.com.
- Best Online MBA for Project Management according to Best Colleges.Accounting program named 2019 Best for the Money in Oklahoma.
- #2 Best Marketing College for the Money in Oklahoma according to College Factual.
- Best Total Package College in Oklahoma according to Zippia.
- Oklahoma Christian University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, http://www.hlcommission.org / 800.621.7440
- College of Business Administration: Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs
- College of Engineering and Computer Science: The computer engineering, electrical engineering, and mechanical engineering degree programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
- School of Education: National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education
- School of Nursing: The baccalaureate degree program in nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. http://www.ccneaccreditation.org
- Medical Laboratory Science: the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
- Department of Music: National Association of Schools of Music
- Interior Architecture Program: Council for Interior Design Accreditation
- The graduate theology programs: the Association of Theological Schools (ATS).
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- Christian Higher Education Foundation
- Oklahoma Independent Colleges and Universities
- 168 faculty members.
- 100 percent Christian.
- 13-to-1 undergraduate student-to-faculty ratio.
- 83% of the classes contain fewer than 30 students.
- 248 full-time employees
- 135 part-time employees
- 432 work/study students
Graduate Areas of Study
Graduate degrees include the Master of Accountancy, the Master of Business Administration, the Master of Science in Computer Science (including a focus in cybersecurity), the Master of Science in Engineering, the Master of Arts in Christian Ministry, the Master of Divinity, Master of Arts in Christianity & Culture and the Master of Theological Studies.
The Tom & Ada Beam Library (or Beam Library) contains more than 150,000 volumes and media, 65,000 plus electronic books and access to more than 42,000 periodicals in electronic or print format. The Beam Library is also actively engaged in retaining and preserving materials for the Restoration History special collection to preserve the legacy of the Stone-Campbell Movement and the history of the churches of Christ. In partnership with the Museum of the Bible, the Beam Library houses and maintains The Sofer Collection, a special collection of books and other published material on Jewish history, culture, faith, and traditions available for use within the library.
- Apple Distinguished Program recognition.
- Wireless Internet access throughout the campus.
- Information Technology's Help Desk provides more than 60 hours per week of staffed office hours plus 24/7 online support. IT responds to support requests with same-day resolution in most cases.
Spiritual Life, Missions & Service
- Innovative “Ethos” spiritual life program encouraging student participation in five spiritual disciplines: worship, servanthood, discovery, discipleship, and community. More than 2,800 total Ethos events each year. Students led 57 percent of our spiritual life events, 58 percent are community events and 26 percent are service.
- More than 1,100 undergraduate students, 60 percent, involved in service and ministry opportunities.
- About 1,000 students, faculty, and staff members participate in mission opportunities each year. Some countries served to include Australia, Austria, China, Croatia, Germany, Ghana, Honduras, Ireland, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Philippines, Rwanda, Switzerland, and the United States.
Study Abroad Opportunities
- Over 150 students participate in study abroad programs each year. The program is currently on hold due to COVID-19 and foreign travel restrictions but expected to resume in fall 2021.
- 24% of graduating seniors have participated in a study abroad program.
- 20 study abroad and off-campus learning options, including the following institutional programs:
- European Fall, Spring and Summer Programs at OC’s campus, Das Millicanhaus in Vienna, Austria
- Vienna Institute of Music
- First Class in Vienna
- Asian Studies Summer Program
- HonduraServe Healthcare Missions Program
- Ibaraki (Japan) Long-Term Exchange
- Korea Long-Term Exchange
- Shakespeare Study program in Canada
- CCCU Best Semester Programs
You are wanted at OC, even after you have graduated! Keep up with your classmates and friends on social media, at campus events, and through alumni travel opportunities. You, our alumni, inspire the Alumni Office to consistently plan unique activities for you and your OC friends to participate in, and they love getting to see you again! As Alan Phillips says, “Around campus, we like to say that ‘OC is home,’ and we hope you’ll come back as often as you can.”