BA in Marketing Communications & Public Relations
Richmond The American International University in London
Richmond, United Kingdom
3 - 4 years
GBP 14,500 / per year *
Earliest start date
* International | UK/EU: £9,250
Students pursuing the specialisation in Marketing Communications and Public Relations within the BA degree in Communications will learn how to engage audiences across different channels, media and explore the relationship between marketing communications and public relations within the business and media industries. The aim of this programme is to prepare students to work within the technologically driven and consumer-focused businesses around the world.
This degree provides an interdisciplinary, multimedia approach to the study of communications through the study of theory and subsequent practice. During the first two years of the Communications degree, students take the same core courses across the three available disciplines. During the third and fourth year students then specialise in Marketing Communications & Public Relations, whilst also having the opportunity to pursue an internship with leading global companies and institutions.
Top 5 reasons to study this programme
- Explore the worlds of PR, advertising and communications in London, the hub of the global marketing communications industry.
- Learn from experienced academics and guest lecturers, organise and lead events, and become a student member of the Public Relations Consultants Association – Europe’s largest PR body.
- Gain vital work experience through an internship in a wide range of leading international organisations in London, the USA and China.
- Develop strong communication skills in small classes within an International environment, alongside fellow students from all over the world.
- Take advantage of a leading alumni community in the UK and the USA.
After you graduate
BBC, Bloomberg L.P, EMI Music, 19 Entertainment, Omnicom, MediaCom, Viacom, Disney Television International
CASS Business School, London School of Economics and Political Science, SOAS, University of London, University of Cambridge, University of Sydney
Career paths for Communication graduates
Media, Marketing, Advertising, Corporate Communications, Music industry, Events Management
We offer career support and advice through our Careers & Internships Office that will assist and guide you in your study choices to make sure you stand out from the crowd when you graduate. Through internships, you will gain business acumen, beneficial work experiences and transferable skills which will give you a competitive advantage in a fast-paced working environment. Work while you study across 5 continents through our partners Connect123 and CRCC Asia with destinations in Spain, Argentina, South Africa, China, Japan, Vietnam and Australia.
All students at Richmond University have the opportunity to study abroad. You can either study at one of our campuses for a semester to a year or study overseas at any of our partner locations across the world giving you a unique experience.
3 Year Pathway Entry Requirements
A Level: 3 C’s or equivalent*
*All other equivalent eligible transfer credits will be determined by Admissions.
4 Year Pathway Entry Requirements
A Level: 96 UCAS points
US High School Diploma (or equivalent): 2.5 GPA minimum (on 4.0 scale)
International Baccalaureate: 24 IB points (year 1) BTEC National Diploma: MMM.
Completion of Year 12-13 International equivalent secondary school qualification with a minimum grade average of grade C, including mathematics and English.
English Language Requirements (Non-Native English Speakers)
- IELTS 5.5 with 5.5 in each Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing
- TOEFL (IBT) 80+ overall with: Listening 17, Reading 18, Writing 17, Speaking 20
- Pearsons Test of English (PTE) 51
- Overall Cambridge English Scale score of no less than 168 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
How to apply
You apply directly using the Common Application ($50.00) or the Richmond One Line Application. In order to submit your application, you will need the following information:
- Details of your education history, including the dates of all exams/assessments.
- The email address of your referee who we can request a reference from, or alternatively an electronic copy of your academic reference.
- A personal statement – this can either be emailed as a Word Document or PDF or completed online.
- An electronic copy of your in process or completed high school (secondary school) transcript and graduation certificate.
About the School
Bachelor of Arts in Communication - Public Relations
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication and Journalism - Advertising and Public Relations Option
- Fresno, USA
B.A. in Journalism and Media Studies: Public Relations and Marketing
- Prague, Czech Republic