Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies Saint Martin’s University
Ready to turn your passion for digital media, journalism and film into a career in which you can impact the world and make a difference in your communities? Communication studies may be the best major for you.
Why Saint Martin's University?
Communication studies at Saint Martin's is an interdisciplinary program that uses critical and cultural studies to understand the central role of communication in society, with a focus on social justice. Shaped by the Benedictine values of stewardship, community, and listening, the program utilizes accessible media technologies to encourage creativity and build a solid foundation for a wide array of professional endeavors.
- Proximity to to Washington state capital allows for access to quality internship opportunities with government agencies, nonprofits, arts organizations, and businesses.
- Shaped by the Benedictine values of stewardship, community and listening with the ear of the heart, the program utilizes accessible media technologies such as cloud computing, mobile devices and social media, citizen journalism and digital media production to encourage creativity.
- While designed to provide a well-rounded understanding of the field of communication, students can choose to pursue a production-focused or more theoretically-oriented course of study.
- University core requirements
- Nine credit hours of lower-division courses
- 34 credit hours of upper-division courses
- Six credit hours of lower-division courses
- 19 credit hours of upper-division and elective courses
Popular Communication Studies Courses
- Copy editing and design
- Digital journalism
- International communication
- Professional and academic writing
- Studies in film
- Public relations
- Media arts production
- Nonprofit advocacy
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.