Bachelor of Business Administration in Professional Accountancy Trevecca Nazarene University
Trevecca’s Bachelor of Business Administration in professional accountancy equips you with a career in public and/or private accounting in a variety of settings for government, corporate, small business, or not-for-profit organizations. This program offers the foundational coursework and hands-on experience with the latest accounting programs and technologies you’ll need to succeed in the accounting field.
- Learn from faculty who possess high degrees in their fields, who have relevant and valuable real-world experience, and who make an effort to know you personally.
- Gain the skills you need to be competitive in the job market.
- Enjoy our small class sizes and supportive campus community.
- Take advantage of incredible internships and job opportunities available in the exciting Nashville market.
What to Expect
Trevecca’s professional accountancy program is a concentration within our Bachelor of Business Administration degree that has been preparing students to serve in the accounting field since 1973. This program prepares you for a career in public and/or private accounting in settings that range from government to non-profit organizations.
Your coursework equips you to clearly and effectively communicate accounting information with clients and business partners. It also prepares you through hands-on experience with the latest accounting programs and technologies. You’ll learn from engaged and accessible professors in small class sizes. Trevecca also has a strong community of accounting alumni who can help connect you with incredible internship and networking opportunities.
Following your graduation from the program, you’ll be qualified to take the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam. Our graduates enjoy exceptional CPA pass rates as well as excellent job recruitment and placements at local, regional, and national accounting firms like PcW and EY and at some of the largest healthcare companies like HCA and Parrallon. You can review the disclosures for the CPA licensure program here.
Why Choose Trevecca?
Founded in 1901 and a leader in online education for more than two decades, Trevecca helps students discover and pursue an individual calling by providing innovative instruction; cultivating a supportive, Christ-centered community; and establishing relationships that open doors.
Recognized nationally and locally for academic quality, Trevecca has earned a reputation for providing the world with servant leaders, problem solvers, and difference makers. Trevecca’s holistic approach to education encompasses intellectual, social, emotional, physical, and spiritual growth.
As a Christian university, we offer programs that explore the ways faith intersects with your field of study. This means you can gain your professional accountancy degree in a supportive, Christian community with small classroom sizes and engaged faculty members who care about you, your faith, and your goals.
General Education & BBA Core — 79-80 hours
Concentration — 63 hours
- ACT 3110 Intermediate Accounting I 3
- ACT 3120 Intermediate Accounting II 3
- ACT 3130 Intermediate Accounting III 3
- ACT 3310 Cost Accounting 3
- ACT 3400 Accounting Information Systems 3
- ACT 3500 Accounting Ethics, Fraud and Careers 3
- ACT 4100 Tax Accounting 3
- ACT 4200 Advanced Accounting 3
- ACT 4400 Auditing Concepts, Principles, and Procedures 3
- ACT 4600 Governmental and Non-Profit Accounting 3
- BUS 2250 Business Communication 3
- BUS 3500 Production and Operations Management 3
- ITI 2020 Computer Applications Using Spreadsheets and Databases 3
- ITI 2180 Foundations of Data and Database Management 3
- ITI 3600 Information Systems in Business 3
Choose two of the following — 6 hours
- ACT 2250 Microcomputer Accounting Applications 3
- ACT 3333 Faculty-Led Academic Research Experiences (FLARE) 1-3
- ACT 4330 CPA Problems 3
- ACT 4335 CMA Problems 3
- ACT 4510 Career Internship in Accounting 1-3
- ACT 4700 Special Topics in Accounting 3
- ITI 3250 Business Analytics and Intelligence 3
Choose four of the following — 12-14 hours
- BUS 2300 Introduction to Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management 3
- BUS 2350 Introduction to Healthcare Management 3
- BUS 2500 Leadership in the 21st Century 3
- BUS 3040/COM 3040 Human Resources Management 3
- COM 4000 Advanced Public Speaking 3
- ITI 2190 Foundations of Networking Infrastructure 3
- ITI 2380 Foundations of Cybersecurity and Forensics 3
- MKT Any MKT course numbered above 3100 3
- MAT Any MAT course numbered above 1080 3-4
General Electives to total 150 — 7 or 8 hours
The required course INT 1100 Life Calling and Purpose (3 hours) is included in these general elective hours for those students who enter as first-time Freshmen (those enrolling with less than 24 hours).
Total Credit Hours: 150
Note: A minor field of study is not required for any BBA degree.
With your degree from Trevecca, you’ll be well-prepared to meet the growing need for professional accountants. More specifically, your degree from Trevecca prepares you for roles in these areas:
- Financial accounting
- Accounting information services
- Cost and managerial accounting
- Financial planning
- International banking and finance
- International law
- Financial analyst
- Environmental accounting
- Internal auditor
- Fraud examiner
- Federal and state and local accounting
- Non-profit accounting
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.