International Undergraduate Program (IUP) in Communication Universitas Gadjah Mada
Explore scholarship opportunities to help fund your studies
International Undergraduate Program in the Department of Communication Science has the vision to create reliable, qualified, and cultured graduates in communication studies, who can prioritize the societal needs to take on the global challenge of providing the benefit to the public through ‘Crafting Well-Informed Society’. The students are expected to graduate with the expertise that balances between practical, research, and critical thinking skills.
Why Study Communications with Us?
Indonesian Media Landscape
- Digital media and social media trend
Indonesia has the biggest active media social users in Southeast Asia, with 130 million on Facebook and 50 million on Instagram (Wearesocial, 2018).
- Political communication and media phenomenon
Indonesia is the most democratic country in the Southeast Asia region, which leads to more freedom of the press and more dynamics to its political environment.
- The rise of Indonesia’s creative industries
4 out of 7 Unicorn start-ups are operating in Indonesia, which offered rich studies about contemporary digital media.
Communication and Culture
Various culture (300 ethnic groups, precisely 1,340 tribes, and over a thousand local languages)
Communication studies atmosphere in Yogyakarta
- There are numbers of communities with various concern from broad ranges of the focus of interest, such as the film community, music community, art and performance community, digital start-up community.
- Numbers of a start-up in the creative media industry establishes in Yogyakarta such as Hipwee, Tirto, Mojok, Gameloft Indonesia, and Brillio.
- Yogyakarta is known as centers of education city, whereas many students from around Indonesia came and study in Yogyakarta. This makes Yogyakarta as the melting pot of Indonesia, where it offers the student a better study atmosphere.