Bachelor's degree in International Hotel Management
Vatel Madrid International Business School Hotel & Tourism management
EUR 9,490 / per year *
20 Sep 2023
Earliest start date
* per year + registration fee
Goal: Being introduced to management through the association of theoretical aspects and professional experience.
In an international environment, students learn
- Management techniques, tools and team-leading;
- How to develop their professional, legal, economic and linguistic abilities with the goal of being an operational manager in a company.
The International Hotel Management program is addressed to candidates who have successfully completed High School studies and its final aim is to train future professionals in Operational Management in any hotel department. The duration of the program is 3 years and includes 12 months of internship in three to five-star hotels in Spain as well as worldwide. Students will acquire experience associated with the reality of their future profession, develop teamwork aptitudes and gain experience in their desired future environment.
VATEL Degree certified by the French State
Initial career opportunities:
Operational management positions in any hotel department.
Duration of studies:
12 months distributed in three years, in 3 to 5 star hotels selected by Vatel in the following areas: Housekeeping & Front Office, Service & Kitchen and Middle Management.
English (non native English speaking students must have B2 level in English).
What you will learn
- Management: To acquire the vocabulary and basic concepts. To understand the practical aspect of management.
- Marketing: To understand the basics of marketing principles and their application.
- Computer Science: To discover the world of the Internet and apply the Office tools in hotel management.
- Business Economics: To understand the concept of business and its place in the economic environment.
- Professional Culture: To understand the art of the profession. To awake curiosity and stimulate the taste for what surrounds us, the gastronomy among other aspects.
- Initiation to Food & Beverage: To acquire general knowledge of the Restaurant industry.
- Housekeeping: To explain the operation of a department closely related to hotel guests’ comfort, and the importance of control in this key department.
- Human Resources: To learn the basic principles which govern Human Resource Management.
- Professional Image: To learn to manage one’s image, be aware of yourself, to work on self-esteem and recognize while respecting others.
- Nutrition: To know the importance of nutrition in any type of business, how to prepare, cook, serve food and drinks. To develop balanced menus taking into account the recommended nutritional intake for each person.
- Enology: To bring the wine world to students, be able to recognize different types of wine, processing, wine-tasting wine pairing and serving.
- French, German or Chinese: To acquire a working level of the language so that you can communicate efficiently and effectively in any international context
- Practical Application: To apply theoretical knowledge acquired in class in the different hotel operational departments.
- Revenue Management: To provide crucial knowledge, techniques and terminology to maximize revenue and hotel profits while achieving greater profitability.