Western Connecticut State University changes lives by providing all students with a high quality education that fosters their growth as individuals, scholars, professionals, and leaders in a global society.
To achieve this, we
- Offer undergraduate and graduate programs that weave together liberal arts and professional education and instill a desire for life-long learning.
- Sustain a vibrant, inclusive campus that connects individuals through co-curricular programs, cultural events, and service to the community.
- Attract student-centered faculty who are passionate teachers and accomplished scholars.
- Establish partnerships that create opportunities for internships, research, and experiential learning.
- Excellence. We value outstanding achievement realized through persistence, effort, honest feedback, and self-reflection.
- Curiosity. We value the questions that drive learning, innovation, and creativity, which serve as the beginning and the desired outcome of education.
- Dialogue. We value the conversations that explore diverse perspectives and encourage shared understanding.
- Engagement. We value the interactions with ideas, peers, and community that are essential to a vibrant university environment.
- Opportunity. We value the possibilities created by affordable, accessible educational environments in which students can grow into independent thinkers and confident leaders.
- Respect. We value the right of all people to be treated with dignity and fairness and expect this in our policies, classrooms, and community.
Western Connecticut State University will be widely recognized as a premier public university with outstanding teachers and scholars who prepare students to contribute to the world in a meaningful way.