It’s all about you
The University of Canberra is a vibrant government university where your future is what matters most. We are recognised internationally, ranked in the top 100 young universities in the world and have big plans for your future.
We don't just focus on the theory of things, we like to teach our students in the way that they would be working. It's what we call work-integrated learning and it's a big reason that our students are highly sought after and amongst the highest paid and most employable in Australia.
With over 300 undergraduate, postgraduate and research degrees spanning across 28 broad areas of study, there's sure to be a career path to suit you at UC.
Our study areas include:
- Accounting and management
- Built environment and design
- Communication and media
- Creative and cultural practice
- Government and policy
- Health and sport
- Law and justice
- Engineering, IT and Data
A little about us
Established as a university in 1990, the University of Canberra has earned a reputation for producing some of the country’s most employable graduates. Our students are in high demand with employers across Australia and around the world.
We have a diverse community of more than 17,500 students, 2,500 staff and 78,000 alumni in over 105 countries.
Only 10 minutes from the Canberra CBD and just five minutes from Belconnen town centre, the Bruce campus is set on 120 hectares of picturesque native bushland.
Our campus lifestyle revolves around our coffee shops, restaurants, bars, lounges and lawns. There are a number of professional and social clubs and societies and sports teams to take part in, plus regular social events. We’re also the home of the ACT Brumbies, the WNBL Canberra Capitals and a host of professional and elite athletes.
The university has recently signed contracts to allow over $2 billion worth of investment onto the campus, including a technology hub and health precinct featuring our very own public hospital. So come and study at a truly innovative university writing its own history.
Can’t come to Canberra? Look into the courses available from our partners in Melbourne, Sydney and Queensland.
- The University is based in Canberra, the capital city of Australia and the seat of Australia’s federal government and parliament.
- The University of Canberra has been named among the world’s ‘Top 100 young universities’ in the prestigious 2017 Times Higher Education (THE) Young University Rankings.
- The University of Canberra is ranked in the prestigious ‘Top 100 universities under the age of 50’ in the 2016-17 QS Young University Rankings.
- Our degrees focus on developing skills for the real world, with an emphasis on 'Work-integrated learning' across the curriculum.
- Flexible pathways are available to the university through the University of Canberra College.
- UC’s graduate employment rate is 90 percent (above the national university average of 89%).
- UC graduates’ starting salaries across all study areas are on average $58,000 per year (above the national university average of $56,000).
- UC has it all - tuition fees are moderate, classes sizes are small, academic standards are high and our degrees are respected worldwide.