Asian University for Women (AUW) is a preeminent liberal arts and sciences university seeking to educate the next generation of women leaders. At AUW, topics ranging from Politics, Philosophy and Economics to Bioinformatics and Public Health are not merely taught; they are explored and discovered through critical inquiry and close engagement with international faculty, conferences, internships, community service, and independent research.
Since opening its doors in 2008, AUW has graduated five classes totaling more than 530 alumnae. AUW graduates have gone on to pursue Master’s degrees and PhDs at prestigious institutions across Australia, Asia, Canada, Europe, and the United States. More than 90% of employed graduates are working at leading organizations in the public and private sectors.
Today the AUW student body consists of more than 700 students from 15 countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestine, Sri Lanka, Syria, and Vietnam. All students are admitted solely on the basis of merit, regardless of their family’s income level, and nearly all students are on full scholarship.
AUW is chartered by the Parliament of Bangladesh, which ensures the University’s full institutional autonomy and academic freedom.
- 800+ Students Enrolled
- 700+ Graduates
- Secure All-Women’s Learning Environment
- Full Scholarships Available
- Flexible Pre-University Preparatory Programs
- American Style Liberal Arts & Sciences Curriculum
- Dynamic Residential Campus / Hostels
- Students Represent 15 Countries, 35+ Ethnicities, and 25+ Languages
- Dedicated Faculty & Staff from 10+ Countries
- Placements into top Internships, Graduate Schools, and Jobs