The admission requirements for Universidad Veracruzana, by examination, are set out in the official call published around the month of February of each year, through the following site: http://www.uv.mx/aspirantes/
UV at a glance
Universidad Veracruzana (UV), founded in 1944, is one of Mexico’s largest public higher education institutions. Its five regional campuses are located throughout the State of Veracruz, which stretches along the east coast of central Mexico.
It offers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes to nearly 80,000 students in several fields.
UV stands out due to its close collaboration with both the public and the private sectors. Its social involvement with the more disadvantaged communities in the state is also commendable. It supports a variety of indigenous groups during their academic preparation while respecting their linguistic and cultural identity.
It also promotes sustainable development, seeking citizen participation and the best quality in all the services it offers. UV is well-known for its support to the development and promotion of art and culture. It is home to a variety of classical, popular and traditional music groups, as well as prestigious theatre and dance companies.
UV is located in five university regions throughout the state of Veracruz:
- Xalapa (capital of the state) - Rector of the University
- Orizaba - Córdoba
- Poza Rica - Tuxpan
- Coatzacoalcos - Minatitlán
- 74 Faculties
- 47 University Libraries
- 40 Research Centres and Institutes
- 11 Auto-access Centres for Language Learning
- 7 Outreach University Houses
- 7 Library and Information Services Units
- 6 Language Centres
- 6 Art Schools for the General Public
- 4 Intercultural Universidad Veracruzana - UVI Centres
- 2 High Technology Services Laboratories
- 2 Centres of Musical Initiation for Children
- 1 System of Open Education
- 1 Anthropology Museum
- 1 Department of Foreign Languages
- 1 School for Foreign Students
- 1 Sexual and Reproductive Health Care Clinic
- 1 Art Gallery
- 1 Publishing House
UV offers over 300 programmes in different levels, including undergraduate programmes, specializations, master’s degrees and doctoral degrees, in areas such as Biological and Agricultural Sciences, Humanities, Technical Sciences, Business and Economics, Fine Arts, and Health Sciences. www.uv.mx/docencia/programa/ofertaacademica.aspx
Intercultural Universidad Veracruzana - UVI
UVI is an academic entity created to serve both the indigenous and non-indigenous population of mainly rural areas in intercultural regions of the State of Veracruz. It offers a Degree in Intercultural Management for Development with five different subject areas: Languages, Communication, Sustainability, Law, and Health. It is located in four strategic regions throughout the state of Veracruz. UVI provides access to higher education, fosters sustainable development, promotes the local languages and cultures, and builds a two-way relationship between the academic programmes offered by the university and the UVI itself.
UV is home to 40 research centres and two high technology services laboratories in several fields, including:
- Archaeology & Anthropology
- Climate Change
- Ecology and Fisheries
- Economy Management
- Historic & Social Sciences
- Plastic Arts
- Public Health
- Social Studies
- Tropical Sciences
higher education, fosters sustainable development, promotes the local languages and cultures, and builds a two-way relationship between the academic programmes offered by the university and the UVI itself. ￼￼Universidad Veracruzana is always open to new academic partnerships and collaboration with educational institutions around the world. It currently has over 170 international agreements with partner universities and organizations from 28 countries for student and faculty exchange, as well as for scientific and cultural cooperation.
- Columbus Association (Columbus)
- International Association of Universities (IAU)
- Inter-American Organization for Higher Education (OUI-IOHE)
- Consortium for North American Higher Education Collaboration (CONAHEC)
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU)
- National Association of Universities and Higher Education Institutions (ANUIES)
- Mexican Association for International Education (AMPEI)
- Unión de Universidades de América Latina (UDUAL)
- Asociación Universitaria Iberoamericana de Posgrado (AUIP)
Art and Culture
Universidad Veracruzana is well-known for its support to the development and promotion of art and culture in all its forms and genres. It is a venue to a variety of traditional, popular and classical music groups, including the renowned Xalapa Symphony Orchestra (OSX), one of the oldest in the country and whose home, the Tlaqná Concert Hall is considered to be one of the best concert halls in the country. UV also organizes prestigious festivals, such as the International Jazzuv Festival, literary events like the International University Book Fair (with 15 international editions) and a number of art exhibitions and performing arts, including music, dance and theatre events.