Nestled in 650 acres of a wooded campus and located on the banks of the scenic Ohio River, Hanover College is a private, liberal arts institution where brains and beauty truly intersect. Our rigorous interdisciplinary academic program with 33 majors attracts the best and the brightest from across the region and beyond.
Our students start companies, create social movements and examine wildlife in the wild – and that’s just while they’re here. After they leave, they join a powerful alumni network of high achievers with connections to jobs in every field.
A typical Hanover student is usually in the top 20% of their graduating high school class, with a well-rounded history of extracurricular activities in the service, sports, and academic arena. But their Hanover experience, however, is anything but typical college experience.
At Hanover, students can design their own major, start their own club or organization, and spend May Term immersed in a single course – often abroad. Hanover students leave here with a professional resume, already full of authentic work from their undergraduate internship, combined with practical meets technical experience in their chosen field.
- #18 Most Beautiful Campus
- The Best 382 Colleges
- America’s Top Colleges list
U.S. News & World Report
- #112 National Liberal Arts College
- #9 in affordability for elite schools
- #13 Liberal Arts Best Bang for the Buck
- A Top-100 College Value
- 2017-18 Best Colleges
Hanover College is a challenging and supportive community whose members take responsibility for lifelong inquiry, transformative learning, and meaningful service.
Hanover College is dedicated to creating a distinctive intellectual community within which students are challenged and nurtured to take responsibility for their learning and their lives and to develop their unique abilities to their highest levels.
The achievement of these purposes requires personal commitment, a willingness to accept responsibility and discipline in exercising it. Academically, Hanover College emphasizes the importance of oral and written expression, intellectual curiosity and sound judgment.
- Hanover is located just outside historic Madison, Ind., and is close to Louisville (45 minutes), Indianapolis (95 minutes) and Cincinnati (70 minutes).
- Hanover College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Hanover's teacher-certification programs for elementary and secondary education is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and the Indiana Department of Education.
- 33 majors offered in the liberal arts including a design-your-own major.
- 1,133 total enrollment
- 180 multicultural enrollment
- 565 Greek life enrollment
- 101 faculty (95% with a terminal degree)
- Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
- Hanover is situated just west of historic Madison, Ind. Once a major river port for the state, Madison (population 12,000) has maintained its sense of 19th-century heritage with 133 city blocks on the National Register of Historic Places, designating it as the state's largest historic district. Midwest Living magazine recently listed Madison as the 4th best small town to visit.
- At Hanover, we are honored to be the oldest private college in Indiana.