Ohio Northern University is a safe and friendly residential campus situated on 342 acres in small-town Ada, Ohio. ONU is located within 90 minutes of several metropolitan cities, including Dayton, Columbus, Toledo and Fort Wayne, Ind. The campus is also four hours from Chicago. Some nearby attractions include the Neil Armstrong Air and Space Museum (first man on the moon), Ohio Caverns and the Wilson Football Factory (Super Bowl Sunday).
Ohio Northern is an independent, comprehensive and private University, comprised of five colleges: Arts & Sciences, Business Administration, Engineering, Pharmacy and Law. Students receive high-quality instruction and hands-on, professional experience in whatever field they choose to study. Since its inception in 1871, Ohio Northern University has been dedicated to developing well-rounded students who are prepared to enter the work world and lead successful careers.
- 19 Average class size
- 224 full-time faculty members (fall 2017)
- 52 minors
- 11:1 student-faculty ratio minors
- 200+ clubs and student organizations
- 19 different residence halls
- 23 NCAA Division III varsity sports
- 3,039 total students
College of Arts and Sciences
The Getty College of Arts & Sciences educates the artists, musicians, writers, doctors, teachers and scientists of the future. The college encompasses a wide range of studies in the liberal and fine arts, sciences and pre-professional programs.
Fields of Study
- Art and Design
- Biological and Allied Health Sciences
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Communication and Media Studies
- English Language Programs
- History, Political Science and Geography
- Human Performance and Sports Science
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Modern Languages
- Philosophy and Religion
- Physics and Astronomy
- Psychology, Sociology and Criminal Justice
- Technological Studies
- Theatre Arts
College of Business
The James F. Dicke College of Business Administration undergraduate and graduate programs give students a strong foundation in both theory and practice. The college is AACSB accredited and ranked No. 1 in Ohio for teaching quality and 45th in the nation for best undergraduate business schools by Bloomberg Businessweek.
College of Engineering
Students in the T.J. Smull College of Engineering at Ohio Northern are improving our world by finding new ways to design, build and use technology. We’re ranked as #30 undergraduate engineering schools in the nation by US News & World Report, and our engineering education major is one of the first of its kind.
College of Pharmacy
The Doctor of Pharmacy program (PharmD) at Ohio Northern University will equip you with the knowledge, skills and tools you’ll need to be prepared in the highly respected and rapidly evolving field of pharmacy – all within six years of graduating high school. You will learn that pharmacists not only dispense complex and lifesaving medications, but also provide patient care and services.
Unique Program Distinctions
- 0-6, direct-entry pharmacy school experience
- 9,000 ONU pharmacists have graduated into the profession since 1884
- Ranked the No. 1 private college of pharmacy in the state of Ohio (according to U.S. News and World Report)
- 99 per cent of our graduates are employed within six months of graduation
- Approximately 93 per cent of our graduates pass the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy Licensure Examination (NAPLEX) on their first attempt
International Scholar Transitional Program
The ISTP pathway program is an academic program that combines intensive English language instruction with academic course work and cultural support to allow easier transition for international students to immerse into the university and ONU campus community.
ISTP pathway program is suitable for both degree-seeking or non-degree seeking international students who are looking for a semester-long or year-long academic program with exclusive academic courses and cultural events. ISTP program is built upon existing IEP and academic degree program infrastructure within ONU to provide adequate resources and opportunities for international students to earn up to 37 university credits toward their ONU degree while improving their language skills.